The documentation required for ARCP is:
- Up to Date CV
- Examples of surgical, cytology and post-mortem cases from the last year
- Educational Supervisor’s Structured Report
- Composite Trainers’ Assessment
- Report on Academic Progress (RAP) for academic trainees
- Up to date Revalidation Form R
- Workplace based assessments are mandatory for all StRs appointed from August 2007
- Evidence of independent Reporting for Stage D trainees
See the Royal College of Pathologists website for further information on
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on a ARCP Form, copies of which will be sent to you and the Royal College, with the original being retained by Severn Postgraduate Medical Education for inclusion in your training record file. In the unlikely event of adverse reports there is a right of appeal and the whole process is covered in more detail in A Guide to Specialist Registrar Training (The Orange Book for Specialist Registrars or a Guide to Postgraduate Specialty Training in the UK (The Gold Guide for Speciality Trainees) as appropriate.
As you are no doubt aware of, attendance at annual reviews is not optional and non-attendance will only be acceptable in the case of pre-booked annual leave, study leave, sick leave or educational reasons i.e. examination, attendance at a course or presentation of a paper.