If you have any general enquiries about anything related to the Severn Postgraduate School of Pathology or anything on the website please contact Matthew Hill or Lucy Reeves. We are also interested to here about any suggestions you may have for the website's improvement. Any query will be treated with the utmost importance and a response will be sent at the soonest possible time.
For specialty specific enquiries please contact the Specialty Manager, Susan House.
Susan House is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and training of (core and specialty) doctors within Severn Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) in all Pathology Specialties. Please contact Susan House regarding any recruitment and training queries including:
- Recruitment to substantive core and specialty training posts in all Pathology Specialties within Severn PGME
- Requests for out of programme experience (OOP)
- Inter-deanery transfer requests (in or out)
- Flexible training
- Maternity leave
- Extended sick leave
- Future and existing placements on the rotation
- Entering or completing of LAT posts
- General entering and completing of the training programme (including requests for completion of CCT form)
- Changes to CCT date
- General enquiries concerning ARCP/RITA assessments*
*Please note that the invitation to your annual ARCP/RITA, including the related documentation required to be presented at your annual ARCP/RITA and forwarding of your post ARCP/RITA documents, will be dealt with by Matthew Hill/Susan House/Lucy Reeves.
Practical and Financial Support for Doctors on Sick Leave
Please view the attached document for further information regarding support for doctors on sick leave.
Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
The following is an overview of the process that all trainees must follow when wishing to obtain their Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT):
- The CCT application pack and full instructions will be sent to trainees 3-5 months before the CCT date by the College
- Programme Directors need to submit a final report on the trainee to the College
- The Final RITA G or ARCP 6 needs to have taken place
- CCT Forms cannot be signed off by Severn PGME until the RITA G or final ARCP 6 has taken place as this document also needs to be attached to the CCT application form
- Trainee to send CCT form to the Specialty Manager at Severn PGME
- On obtaining the Postgraduate Dean’s signature the Specialty Manager will either return the form to the trainee, or send directly to the College (trainee to specify what action they wish to be taken)
A copy of the full CCT process is available from the College.
Resigning from Your Post
If you are resigning from you post you should do the following:
- A formal letter of resignation should be submitted to the Medical Staffing Department of your employing Trust with the trainee's Training Programme Director, Assigned Educational Supervisor and Susan House, Specialty Manager at Severn PGME, copied in – this letter must state the trainee's formal contract end date, where you have obtained a post, and the job title
- Trainees must ensure all measures are taken to minimise the impact upon service provision and must meet the minimum notice period requirements of their Trust contract