For specialty specific enquiries please contact the Pathology Education Programme Manager, Lucy Curtis.
An Education Programme Manager (EPM) is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and training of (core and specialty) doctors within Severn Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) in all Pathology Specialties. Please contact your EPM regarding any queries you should have regarding your training, including:
- Recruitment to substantive core and specialty training posts in all Pathology Specialties within Severn PGME
- Requests for out of programme experience (OOP)
- Inter-deanery transfer requests (in or out)
- Flexible training
- Maternity leave
- Extended sick leave
- Future and existing placements on the rotation
- General entering and completing of the training programme (including requests for completion of CCT form)
- Changes to CCT date
- General enquiries concerning ARCP
Practical and Financial Support for Doctors on Sick Leave
Please view the attached document for further information regarding support for doctors on sick leave.
Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT)
The following is an overview of the process that all trainees must follow when wishing to obtain their Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT):
- The CCT application pack and full instructions will be sent to trainees 3 months before the CCT date by the College
- Programme Directors need to submit a final report on the trainee to the College
- The ARCP 6 needs to have taken place
- CCT Forms cannot be signed off by Severn PGME until the final ARCP 6 has taken place as this document also needs to be attached to the CCT application form.
- Trainee to send CCT form to the EPM at Severn PGME
- On obtaining the Postgraduate Dean’s signature the EPM will either return the form to the trainee, or send directly to the College (trainee to specify what action they wish to be taken)
A copy of the full CCT process is available from the RCPath CCT Guidance.
If you are resigning from you post you should do the following:
- A formal letter of resignation should be submitted to the Medical Staffing Department of your employing Trust with the trainee's Training Programme Director, Assigned Educational Supervisor and EPM at Severn PGME, copied in. The resignation letter must state the trainee's formal contract end date, where you have obtained a post, and the job title
- Trainees must ensure all measures are taken to minimise the impact upon service provision and must meet the minimum notice period requirements of their Trust contract